It does not matter how fast our technology is moving and how much new language is coming in the market but still, In today’s world, we can’t ignore the C programming language. Still, there is very significant use of the C programming language in today’s world.
Let see how C is important and what is the benefits of it:
Basically C Programming language comes in the middle-level language category that combines the features of both low level and high-level languages. C can be used for low-level programmings, such as scripting for drivers and kernels. Also after low-level programming C also supports the functions of high-level programming languages, such as scripting for software applications, etc.
- C is a structured programming language. It allows us to break the complex programs into simpler programs by using the concept of functions. This function allows free movement of data.
- C language is case-sensitive.
- C is majorly used to develop system applications. The major part of Windows, UNIX, and Linux operating systems are written on C programming language.
- C is also used to develop enterprise applications, games, graphics, and applications requiring calculations.
- C language has a concept of dynamic memory allocation to allocate memory dynamically. Also, the C language has rich built-in libraries and functions.
- It is a robust language that has a rich set of built-in functions and operators. These built-in functions and operators are used to write complex programs and logics.
- All the Programs which is Written in C are fast and efficient. It is because it has a variety of data types and powerful operators.
- C Language is much than BASIC.
- It is easy to portable. Portable means programs once written in one machine can be run on another machine with no modification or very little.
Some Real-World Applications of C programming language
A major part of the operating system like Windows, UNIX, and Linux is written on C programming language.
Development of New Languages:
for instance, in Python, C is used for building standard libraries, while others like C++, Perl, and PHP have syntax and control structures based upon C.
Embedded Systems & IoT:
Many of the embedded systems are developed using the C programming language. And Also now a day C is used in IoT, Robotics, and Automation world.
Graphics and Games:
A variety of attractive graphics can be developed with the C programming language. Also, many number of gaming applications are developed on C language such as chess, bouncing ball, archery, etc.